05 April 2011

Budha and Shiva

During my last trip to India, I wanted to make sure that I could spend some time to check the big statue close to the sea that I had previously seen on GoogleEarth. When some polish girls that we met in Gokarna showed me pictures of the great Lord Shiva statue in Murudeshwar, I was pretty convinced that this was the statue I was looking for ! And it was really impressive : with a height of 37 meters, it was built only 10 years ago on a holy place in front of the sea.



But when I cam back home and searched for it in GoogleEarth, the statue and even the 3D model where nowhere to be found ! I had to realize that I was either in time warp (having seen before
what I would only visit later) or that I confused Lord Shiva with a statue of Budha in China : http://www.gearthblog.com/blog/archives/2007/05/3d_model_of_tian_tan.html


So I guess that I need to create the 3D model of Lord Shiva statue ! Welcome Google SketchUp !